Exploring Quebec City

We have been making an effort to explore our new home more and we made a visit to the Musée de la Civilisation. It is always listed as a great attraction for tourists and since we are basically still tourists here, we thought we would check it out! (www.mcq.org)
 
The first exhibit we checked out was about the history of Québec. They had some really cool artifacts and lots of great info in both French and English. We could have spent all day looking at all the displays and we really only got to see a portion of the museum. I ended up buying a year long pass for only 20$ and if I go one more time I'll get my money's worth.
Some vintage Montreal Canadians gear. Although the exhibit had lots of displays with items from the beginning of the province's history, my favourites were the items from the 1950s-60s. 
 
This is an old version of the Québec flag. It was later changed to have the fleur-de-lis running vertically.

 
 

We also checked out the Egyptian Magic exhibit which is showing until April. If anyone in the Québec City area hasn't already checked it out, I highly recommend it. They had some really cool displays!

 
By far the coolest (and creepiest!) part of the exhibit is the real mummy. 

I really enjoyed my afternoon checking out this Museum. If anyone has any other suggestions for sites to see while we are living here, please comment below! 



Comments

Popular Posts